Summer is in the air! What’s better way to enjoy the season, than by being around water bodies. Playing at Water Park, beach, lake or pool is a real big treat on a hot day. As temperatures soar, it’s perfect time to celebrate Swim-a-Lap Day. Today is “Swim A Lap Day” that’s a fun filled day with plenty of health benefits. Take out your swimming suit and go dive in a pool to swim one or two or more laps.
Swim-a-Lap Day is a great excuse to play with water, but as long as you stay safe around water. Here are some safety tips to look at before you go swimming:
- Swim at pools and beaches supervised by lifeguards.
- See and obey pool or beach rules.
- Have the appropriate rescue equipment, life jackets, and a first aid kit.
- Never go for swimming alone.
- Keep constant checks on kids when they are near water, as they are many accidents of drowning kids.
- Walk slowly near pool and don’t run.
- Swim at a safer depth. If you are a learner, swim at shallow end.
- Don’t eat or chew gum while swimming, as you can choke.
- If you are at beach, avoid throwing broken glass bottles, as they don’t jell well with bare feet.
- Do wear plenty of waterproof sunscreen with higher SFP before leaving home to protect skin from harmful ultra violet. Carry accessories like sunglasses and hats.
- Don’t share your beach towels with anyone and many more...